Wednesday, August 26, 2009

'Wealth Creation' and the new Salish by Half Past Human


Hmm could this be happening? Talking to many business people there is an attitude of "how can I make more money?" (because I must maintain this hugely expensive lifestyle). The environment and society comes second to materialism for these people. Now don't get me wrong, I want to be wealthy, drive a nice car, buy nice things, it's very true. But I can't stomach doing it at the expense of all my brothers and sisters in the human, plant and animal worlds. I'm really torn about this as I have feet in both worlds of materialism and collective consciousness.


Quote by Half Past Human:

Now in his mid thirties, Patrick is a good representative of a new Salish person. I use the term Salish as it has come to be applied by anthropologists, which is to say as a label for those 'indigenous peoples inhabiting the coastal areas from northern Oregon to the southern most range of the Tinglit peoples of southern Alaska'. Furhter, in my personal definition, the 'new Salish' are those people out creating wealth and their futures in the spirit of 'harmony with earth' that is so characteristic of the original Salish peoples. more

No comments:

Post a Comment